Hello

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Fri Mar 5 18:12:33 CET 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 15:09, Max Bryan wrote:

> i'm using KDE for over half a year now and want to give something back by
> creating new styles or window-decorations. I know the basics of C++ and QT

Styles and window decos are two different things, one is Qt stuff one KDE.

Their API changed with KDE 3.2 so there are lot of decorations to port out
there on http://kde-look.org and even in KDE (kdeartwork/kwin-styles/riscos).
kdebase/kwin/clients/PORTING is one document which should help and also the
HOWTO mentioned here: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kwin&m=106598958209893&w=2

The Qt style API changed last time with KDE 3.0 and will again with Qt 4.0.
Two styles which got lost until now during transition are described in #39221
and #39222 (not sure how much need there is still for the second :-).
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qstyle.html#details would be a start point here.

Hope that helps,
              Steve