Hi kde-quality team

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:51:28 CET 2004

Hi Michael, and all you programmers on the list.

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:17:54 +0100, "Michael Goettsche" <mail at tuxipuxi.de>
said:
> Your suggestion sounds good, this could be the right task for me.
> How should i start with this? Just walk trough the list of bugs and write
> comments after trying them out( and maybe contact the maintainter of the
> project )? Or should i concentrate on a specific application?

There is already someone doing this job for the kdepim module: his name
is Allen Winter. He is a relatively more experienced KDE developer,
author of the KonsoleKalendar application. You may coordinate with him or
you may look for other modules / applications to manage patches. I do not
recommend to search for patches for the whole KDE. I would rather focus
on one application or module, since KDE is huge. There is also the
position of developers documentation manager for KDE PIM, a great way to
get familiar with the code, classes and methods. This position is
currently open, AFAIK.

Cornelius Schumacher gave this suggestion of feature to be implemented,
if you are interested:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=107794734127402&w=2

Also, there is the Developers Wanted page, in KDE Wiki:

http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=Developers+Wanted

This page lists modules / applications that are explicitely searching for
new developers.

  Carlos Leonhard Woelz
  carloswoelz at imap-mail.com

--