Hi kde-quality team

Michael Goettsche mail at tuxipuxi.de
Thu Mar 4 08:17:54 CET 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 00:57, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> Michael Goettsche wrote:
> > Hi there,
>
> Hi Michael!
>
> > Today i had a look at the kde-quality website and i think it's a cool
> > idea. I'd like to help, but I'm not really sure which task would be the
> > right for me. I know C++/Qt but I'm not (yet) experienced with the KDE
> > libraries and it's no problem for me to keep a running HEAD build. If
> > possible, I'd prefer a job which is somehow related to programming, like
> > testing patches, testing bugs or something like that. Other tasks like
> > documentation writing would be cool too, the only thing I really wouldn't
> > like to do is writing "what's this" messages and test for stability.
> >
> > I'd be thankful for suggestions which project needs help or whom to
> > contact.
>
> My suggestion is the following:
>
> Currently, there are a lot of bug reports at KDE's Bugzilla
> (http://bugs.kde.org) with patches attached (there's a link to these
> reports on Bugzilla's front page). For the application maintainers, it
> is sometimes difficult to test these patches, some of them will require
> small adaptations before being usable, some might solve the problem but
> in a non-optimal way, etc. As a result, some patches are simply
> forgotten. Since you would like something related to programming, you
> might be interested in becoming a "patch tester", i. e., go through all
> those bug reports and test the patches attached to them (and maybe make
> small fixes on these patches) and remind the application maintainers
> about them.
>
> Please let me know if you need any more information on this.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> 	Henrique Pinto
> 	henrique.pinto at kdemail.net

Hi Henrique,

thanks for your answer.
Your suggestion sounds good, this could be the right task for me.
How should i start with this? Just walk trough the list of bugs and write
comments after trying them out( and maybe contact the maintainter of the
project )? Or should i concentrate on a specific application?

Thank you in advance,
Michael Goettsche.