Hi kde-quality team

Henrique Pinto henrique.pinto at kdemail.net
Thu Mar 4 00:57:21 CET 2004

Michael Goettsche wrote:

> Hi there,

Hi Michael!

> Today i had a look at the kde-quality website and i think it's a cool idea.
> I'd like to help, but I'm not really sure which task would be the right for
> me. I know C++/Qt but I'm not (yet) experienced with the KDE libraries and
> it's no problem for me to keep a running HEAD build. If possible, I'd prefer
> a job which is somehow related to programming, like testing patches, testing
> bugs or something like that. Other tasks like documentation writing would be
> cool too, the only thing I really wouldn't like to do is writing "what's
> this" messages and test for stability.
>
> I'd be thankful for suggestions which project needs help or whom to contact.

My suggestion is the following:

Currently, there are a lot of bug reports at KDE's Bugzilla
(http://bugs.kde.org) with patches attached (there's a link to these
reports on Bugzilla's front page). For the application maintainers, it
is sometimes difficult to test these patches, some of them will require
small adaptations before being usable, some might solve the problem but
in a non-optimal way, etc. As a result, some patches are simply
forgotten. Since you would like something related to programming, you
might be interested in becoming a "patch tester", i. e., go through all
those bug reports and test the patches attached to them (and maybe make
small fixes on these patches) and remind the application maintainers
about them.

Please let me know if you need any more information on this.

Thank you!

--
	Henrique Pinto
	henrique.pinto at kdemail.net