3_3_0_BETA_! Build problems [RESOLVED]

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Jul 14 05:51:04 CEST 2004

Kenny Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 July 2004 11:54 pm, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
>
>>ok, I don't see the point to be subscribe to this list anymore.
>>I had the hope the Quality Team could be positive and helpful.
>>I'm sorry to see such a post and goodbye,
>>
>>Anne-Marie
>
> That's a bad attitude, methinks.  But i'm glad you brought up the "point" of
> subscribing...
>
> Honestly, I'm still subscribed to this board to make suggestions where I can,
> but a lot of the posts I've seen are about users trying to compile KDE
> unsuccessfully -- and I really don't see where supporting them on this list
> fits into any part of this project's goals.  I should think a forum might be
> better (as it would be searchable... and not arrive in my pop account daily,
> etc.)
>
> Anyone agree/disagree?

I posted my problems as a quality tester and only after I began to think that
there must be something wrong with the source tree.

But I don't see that support requests from newbies should be posted here.  We
have the two support lists for that (kde & kde-linux).  OTOH, if somebody feels
that they have found a quality problem then they should probably bring it up
here.  We should know what to do to about it -- I realize that we probably don't
yet in many cases.

--
JRT