[kde-quality] Re: Janitor Jobs/Documentation Coordinator

Jörg Bayer joerg.bayer at qna.de
Tue Feb 24 13:03:14 CET 2004

Thank you for your answer,

Am Montag, 23. Februar 2004 17:52 schrieb Carlos Leonhard Woelz:
> > The role of a documentation coordinator isn't very well defined I
> > suppose. It depends on you what it actually means. As always in KDE I
> > think it's important to take a pragmatic approach and focus on getting
> > things done.
>
> You will need to build the kde-pim unstable, and be proficient with CVS.
> Hopefully, this is not too hard. I wrote two guides that may help you in
> this process. They are in the quality-team website, that is not
> officially launched, but is fully functional already:

As my decision was quite spontaneous I'm not very familiar with the actual
status of documentation. So let me tell what I thought might be to do for
me

- First I subscribed to the mailing list (and find myself "reproducible"
confrontated with a mailman bug when trying to log into my new account)

- I want to get to know actual doc writers and inform me about current
status of documentation and who is "motor" of all the work until now

- Read actual documentation delivered with the program versions I'm
currently using :-)

<insert>
##############
FYI: I am actually using  SuSE 8.2 with KDE 3.2.0 (I18N-de) on a
"production system" (real data in KMail, KOrganizer etc.)  - Hardware
Pentium II / 350 MHz, 512 MB. The packages are the binary version provided
by SuSE. While upgrading KDE from 3.1 to 3.2 not all packages have been
updated correctly but I think that the ones corresponding to any
PIM-project are valid.

So at the time I am using regular user versions of
KMail,
KAdressBook,
KAlarm,
KNotes,
KOrganizer
Kontact (runs slowly so I normally use all the programs for their own)

For near future I plan to keep using this "user versions" to get the "end
user feeling" for the programs, but if it is necessary to run actual CVS
versions I will organize a second computer as testing environment.
</insert>

- Get in contact with developers/testers for upcoming features

BTW: I prepared a new mail account for this project for me. So please use
DocCor at qna.de for future communication, or is it possible to get an alias
@KDE.org for this?

with regards
   Jörg Bayer