Writeup from aKademy

Kenneth Wimer wimer at suse.de
Tue Aug 31 23:37:03 CEST 2004

* Carlos Leonhard Woelz <carloswoelz at imap-mail.com> [Aug 31. 2004 23:04]:
> On Monday 30 August 2004 21:42, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> > .... for this reason the SELECTing of the winning entry should probably be
> > left up to the kde-artists group or else someone who is knowledgeable
> > enough about both the upcoming CIG (Corporate/Community Identity
> > Guidelines) and things such as icons and splashscreens to do a comparably
> > proficient job of selecting something that works with the rest of KDE.
> >
> > would that be cool for everyone, namely:
> >
> > 	o Quality Teams helps coordinate these things
> > 	o kde-artists does the winner selection
>
> I agree. But I would word it differently: the kde-artist is part of the winner
> selection. The other part are the maintainers and developers of the
> application. It is possible to have requirements beyond the CIG, making this
> choice a complex one.
>
> I would be cool with this only if the apps maintainers are cool with this. In
> the end, I believe the maintainer has the right to decide.

I agree that at least one representative of the program, lets say
author, or one person who takes care of this aspect for the project
should be part of this decision. It would not be too hard to implement
the voting system that kde-look already has. In bigger wishlists, or
wishlists from commercial appllications it might be necessary to involve
more members of certain projects of course...we will need to define a
process for this.

Once again, this only reflects the necessity of describing this entire
effort as fully as possible before we even think about starting it.

Perhaps the best thing to do at this point would be to define the roles
in this process. If the quality team wants to lead this effort someone
should step up and say so. At least two or three people from the artists
team will help (myself and Frank included).

Bye,
Kenneth

--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany