Writeup from aKademy

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 31 02:42:09 CEST 2004

On August 30, 2004 15:37, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> direct competition with our effort. Of course we can make it one big
> thing, and work on it together, so nobody looses out :-)

for organizing the competitions and gathering the submissions, i'd think this
would be a good approach...

however...................

> One more comment on the Icons for Kontact. They are very nice and were
> badly needed, so we should be happy with what we have. Unfortunatly they
> do not fit with the other crystal icons 100%. This seems to me to lead
> to quality problems :-( I am not complaining or saying anything bad
> about the icons, I am simply stating a fact that everyone until now
> seems to want to ignore.

.... for this reason the SELECTing of the winning entry should probably be
left up to the kde-artists group or else someone who is knowledgeable enough
about both the upcoming CIG (Corporate/Community Identity Guidelines) and
things such as icons and splashscreens to do a comparably proficient job of
selecting something that works with the rest of KDE.

would that be cool for everyone, namely:

	o Quality Teams helps coordinate these things
	o kde-artists does the winner selection

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric