Troubles compiling kdebase from CVS

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 22:23:32 CEST 2004

Hi Marcos,

> I succesfully compiled QT, arts and kdelibs (i hope)
> but i have the
> following error at kdebase:
>
> /usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2
> /home/kdedev/src/kde/kdebase/d
> index.docbook:26: error: failed to load external
> entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"

Could you post the full command line to meinproc please? Then I can check the
file it's trying to process.

> I found kdex.dtd in
> '/src/kde/kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/dtd/kdex.dtd',
> i don't know if
> i should find it somewhere else.

You might need to make sure that it's installed in the KDE installation
directory ($KDEDIR). Go to kdelibs/kdoctools and run 'make install' - make
sure that kdex.dtd ends up in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/dtd

If this doesn't solve it, please write again to kde-quality,

Regards,
Philip