Introduction

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 20 10:33:14 CEST 2004

Hi,

Firstly, welcome aboard!

> I was hoping that I would be able to contribute to some part of the KDE
> project in the area of documentation editing.  I've tested the waters on
> a couple of other projects, making readability submissions (in American
> English only) to pieces of documentation through a wiki.  My time
> availability is somewhat spotty (like the rest of you, I'm spread thin),
> but I'd like to contribute where I can.

That's great! I'm on the Documentation Team, and we're quite thin on the
ground, so your offer of help is very much appreciated. :-)

As a first step, you probably want to look around on http://i18n.kde.org/doc ,
where you'll find some general information about the tools and procedures we
use for writing documentation. I would also recommend that you subscribe to
kde-doc-english at kde.org ('Other Resources'->'Mailing List' on the website
above). It's quite a low traffic list, but it's the main place for
documentation-specific discussion.

> Please let me know if there are any projects that are in need of a
> "final proofing" for readability.

On the 'Currrent Jobs' page at http://i18n.kde.org/doc/current.php , there are
links to documentation bugs in the bug database. If any of those pique your
interest, please feel free to take them up.

If there's nothing there that you'd like to do, get back to us, and I'm sure
we can find something :-)

Regards,
Phil