Introduction

J.D. Ray jdray at dsl-only.net
Tue Apr 20 08:33:56 CEST 2004

Greetings.

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.  My name is
J.D. Ray, from Portland, Oregon, USA.  While I'm fairly new to using KDE
on Linux as a primary home OS, I'm a long time proponent of open source
software in any form, and very interested in seeing the development of
major projects like KDE move forward.

I have an extensive background in software quality assurance testing,
business systems analysis, requirements gathering, usability assessment,
software deployment and documentation writing.  While that may seem like
a long list of "things that I can do," many of them are different facets
of the same job, and interleave with one another quite often.

I was hoping that I would be able to contribute to some part of the KDE
project in the area of documentation editing.  I've tested the waters on
a couple of other projects, making readability submissions (in American
English only) to pieces of documentation through a wiki.  My time
availability is somewhat spotty (like the rest of you, I'm spread thin),
but I'd like to contribute where I can.

Please let me know if there are any projects that are in need of a
"final proofing" for readability.

Regards,

J.D. Ray.