Kmathtool

M2George m2george at mweb.co.za
Tue Apr 6 11:25:19 CEST 2004

Hello the list.

Big thanks to Anne-Marie for the Kmathtool source tarball, I don't think I
have ever learned as much as I did these last couple of days. Much
appreciated.

If you can indulge me with a couple more questions please.

I am ready to make some changes to the code, do I send the changes to you
Anne-Marie, or do I need permission from the original author to do so? I
have mailed him/her but have had no response.

Also, I've imported Kmathtool into KDevelop 3.0.2, and although it does the
following,
    Automake and friends
    ./configure
    Build project,
    it does not execute.
It reports that
    [./Kmathtool is a directory]
A search locates the executable in a directory called debug.
Executing this file only partially runs Kmathtool (no menu's other than the
help menu).
This same symptom was found when compiling and executing from the command
line. It was fixed like this,
    ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3     (Suse9?)
If I change the /project/configure options in KDevelop it still behaves the
same.
I also tried the compile options, but am not to sure of what I'm doing.
(debug/opt/normal)
I thought it might have something to do with the import directory. If I
import /kdeedu, it compiles lovely with result above, if I import /kmathtool
it complains no make file.
Any help?

Last question.
Am I still on the correct list?