Laptop with KDE Mascot printed

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Mar 16 03:05:52 GMT 2022

Much like all of our software, all of our artwork sure is available for
people to reuse in very accessible licences.

What we are discussing here is what we promote, where we put our focus.

Is our vision that as many devices as possible with KDE artwork should be
roaming in the universe?
Or can we continue nurturing our relationship with hardware partners to
actually provide a meaningful KDE and Plasma experience?

I do think it goes far beyond a logo on the cover and competing with
ourselves here is just shooting ourselves in the foot.

We don't have a lot of wiggle room in such an extremely populated and
liberal space. We shouldn't waive it just because Konqi is cute and now it
comes in colours.

Aleix