No subject

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Sun Dec 26 11:48:58 GMT 2021

On Sunday, 26 December 2021 11:26:48 CET Simon at BF wrote:
> Hi there everyone
>
> Merry Christmas and wishing you all a prosperous New Year!
>
> I have been using Linux for a few years on and off but only recently
> discovered KDE properly. HAving run it for a while as a VM on my macbook i
> got an HP Envy and did the full install and now plan to transition over to
> Linux full time over the next year.
>
> I am a photographer and film-maker and a part-time trainer and graphic
> designer. Its been a crazy couple of years but id like to help in any way i
> can and this is why i'm reaching out to you all. Perhaps its documentation/
> promotion or even a video - maybe I can help. (I did see a plan to shoot
> some promo stuff in the email archives - did this happen?)
>
> Stay safe and sane...!

Hello Simon,

Merry Xmas and a Prosperous New Year to you too.

Your offer is amazingly generous and something we have been wanting for a long
time. Getting our hands on professionally produced bespoke photos and footage
(or even leftover material from other projects) would be really, really useful
to us.

Up until now, we have done our best with 3D and screencasts, and some live
action from stock footage sites (we will always be in debt with Pexels), but
there is only so far we can go with stuff like that before it starts looking
repetitive and trite.

You do remember right that there are several projects we want to carry out,
including ads for apps, short PSAs to help people understand what we do and
offer, short docus for projects such as KDE Eco (our new project to become more
green) or our educational software, etc.

But we often lack the resources and expertise to do them properly.

If you would like to drop by and talk live, we have Matrix and Telegram rooms
for Promo you can visit and participate in

Matrix: https://matrix.to/#/#kde-promo:kde.org
Telegram: https://t.me/+Q7wcqfnbKXrT6WPy

and a specific room for discussing topics on videos:

https://matrix.to/#/#promovideo:kde.org

This one is only on Matrix, as Matrix is integrated into KDE's own frameworks
and offers us privacy.

If you would like to join, we would love to have you. Then again, if you
prefer email, that is fine too.

Of course, if we can help you become more productive using KDE software, that
would be an amazing experience for us too. It would be fascinating to hear
about how you work with digiKam, Krita and Kdenlive, for example. The feedback
you could provide would be very useful and the success story we could get out
of it would be help us to convince more professionals to give our software a
go.

Cheers

Paul
--