Education for Kids

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Tue Sep 7 17:53:47 BST 2021

On Monday, 6 September 2021 18:09:57 CEST Frances Tait wrote:
> Hi again, Timothée, Aish (I hope it’s OK if I call you that!) Paul and
> Emmanuel, also Robert, as we can’t do it without you :-),
>
> This is our rough Plan for how to go forward. It entails 3 or 4 short
> videos, 5 - 10 minutes long, introduced by KDAB. Our first step would be to
> have a joint Zoom call to discuss and refine the ideas below (I know you
> hate Zoom but it’s just for the planning - happy to use something else if
> there’s technical reasons it won’t work for you). See end of this mail for
> suggested dates and time.
>
> Rough Plan 1 <start>
> Video 1. An Intro and Overview of GCompris, where it’s in use, what inspired
> it, both in the education approach and the software development - why Qt?
> This would also include mention of KDE’s involvement in all this.
>
> Possible participants: Robert, Paul, Bruno and Tim with help from Emmanuel
> on the intro that Robert will give.

Oh wow... I don't think I can provide anything of value more than what Tim,
Johnny and Emmanuel can in the technical aspects. Quite the contrary.

I can talk about how KDE is trying to get more schools, teachers, parents, and
especially kids to use the software, if that is of any use to you.

Cheers

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication