Education for Kids

Frances Tait frances.tait at kdab.com
Wed Sep 8 11:09:41 BST 2021

Hi Paul,

> On 7 Sep 2021, at 18:53, Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:
>
> On Monday, 6 September 2021 18:09:57 CEST Frances Tait wrote:
>> Hi again, Timothée, Aish (I hope it’s OK if I call you that!) Paul and
>> Emmanuel, also Robert, as we can’t do it without you :-),
>>
>> This is our rough Plan for how to go forward. It entails 3 or 4 short
>> videos, 5 - 10 minutes long, introduced by KDAB. Our first step would be to
>> have a joint Zoom call to discuss and refine the ideas below (I know you
>> hate Zoom but it’s just for the planning - happy to use something else if
>> there’s technical reasons it won’t work for you). See end of this mail for
>> suggested dates and time.
>>
>> Rough Plan 1 <start>
>> Video 1. An Intro and Overview of GCompris, where it’s in use, what inspired
>> it, both in the education approach and the software development - why Qt?
>> This would also include mention of KDE’s involvement in all this.
>>
>> Possible participants: Robert, Paul, Bruno and Tim with help from Emmanuel
>> on the intro that Robert will give.
>
> Oh wow... I don't think I can provide anything of value more than what Tim,
> Johnny and Emmanuel can in the technical aspects. Quite the contrary.
>
> I can talk about how KDE is trying to get more schools, teachers, parents, and
> especially kids to use the software, if that is of any use to you.

Of course - probably just a small clip, as we already have way too many people for one video ("consider all factors and see what emerges" :-) ). It may even make more sense to include your comments in the Intro from Robert. Let’s wait and see how it all sounds when we talk to each other. Hoping you can attend this evening.

Best,

Frances

> Cheers
>
> Paul
> --
> Promotion & Communication
>
> www: http://kde.org
> Mastodon: https://mastodon.technology/@kde
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kde/
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/kdecommunity
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/kde

----

Frances Tait | frances.tait at kdab.com | Marketing and Partner relations
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)
KDAB - The Qt, OpenGL and C++ Experts

www.kdab.com <https://www.kdab.com/>
Twitter:  @KDABQt