Education for Kids

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Mon Aug 23 20:27:16 BST 2021

On Monday, 23 August 2021 16:33:46 CEST Frances Tait wrote:
> Hi Folks,

Hello Frances,

How are you doing?

> We’re thinking of doing a feature on Education for Kids in our October
> edition of KDAB News
> <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6CJYn40gN6iAaspdiKGS0Bs2wDOIVj8f>
> Might KDE have something to contribute to that? We’d be looking, probably,
> to Zoom interview somebody who could talk about what’s on offer via KDE,
> how it’s being received, who’s interested, something like that.
>
> We came across Kturtle and KAlgebra, but perhaps there’s also something else
> you might want to suggest. Wed be happy to have suggestions on an angle
> that allows you to tell viewers about your stuff.

What about GCompris?

https://www.gcompris.net/index-en.html

That is arguably our most popular educational software, used literally in
thousands of schools worldwide to educate hundreds of thousands of kids.

I am putting 	Aiśwarya and Emmanuel, both teachers, both experts in GCompris,
on CC. They would probably be the best people to ask about the software and
how and where it is used.

Cheers

Paul
--