Education for Kids

Frances Tait frances.tait at kdab.com
Tue Aug 24 09:54:24 BST 2021

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

> On 23 Aug 2021, at 21:27, Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:
>
> On Monday, 23 August 2021 16:33:46 CEST Frances Tait wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>
> Hello Frances,
>
> How are you doing?

Good, thanks. Hope you are as well.

>> We’re thinking of doing a feature on Education for Kids in our October
>> edition of KDAB News
>> <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6CJYn40gN6iAaspdiKGS0Bs2wDOIVj8f>
>> Might KDE have something to contribute to that? We’d be looking, probably,
>> to Zoom interview somebody who could talk about what’s on offer via KDE,
>> how it’s being received, who’s interested, something like that.
>>
>> We came across Kturtle and KAlgebra, but perhaps there’s also something else
>> you might want to suggest. Wed be happy to have suggestions on an angle
>> that allows you to tell viewers about your stuff.
>
> What about GCompris?
>
> https://www.gcompris.net/index-en.html

This is great - thank you. Just what we were looking for. Albert also alerted me to this, and to Timothée, who programs it.

> That is arguably our most popular educational software, used literally in
> thousands of schools worldwide to educate hundreds of thousands of kids.
>
> I am putting 	Aiśwarya and Emmanuel, both teachers, both experts in GCompris,
> on CC. They would probably be the best people to ask about the software and
> how and where it is used.

Very good to meet you, Aiśwarya and Emmanuel. Would you be willing to be interviewed for our KDAB News?

I appreciate that’s a bit vague! We’re figuring out how to present something on kids education and likely yours won’t be the only one we’ll talk about, so it’s a bit unclear yet how we’ll do it/how much time we’ll have.

Let me discuss this with the News team and we'll come back with some ideas. Perhaps next step is a meeting to talk about it.

Many thanks again,

Frances

> Cheers
>
> Paul
> --
> Promotion & Communication
>
> www: http://kde.org
> Mastodon: https://mastodon.technology/@kde
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kde/
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/kdecommunity
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/kde

----

Frances Tait | frances.tait at kdab.com | Marketing and Partner relations
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)
KDAB - The Qt, OpenGL and C++ Experts

www.kdab.com <https://www.kdab.com/>
Twitter:  @KDABQt