Me too: "Kprinter has stopped working - Unable to startchildprintprocess"

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Mon Mar 19 00:25:55 CET 2007

On 13 March 2007 09:52, Andrew Myers wrote:
> Could this be something to do with MSEC resetting some permissions
> incorrectly? In which case I need to know what kdeprint uses in order to
> look further?

I don't know MSEC. So, maybe yes, maybe not. And it is strange that you don't
see the problems with other users in your system. And it is strange that
nobody else reports the problem. Kurt's reproduction turns out to have been
of a different nature, AFAICT.

> Is there any way to print from KDE programmes such as Kwrite and Kfax
> without using kdeprint?

I doubt there would be, without source code level modifications in the
applications.

Best would be to find your problem. Difficulty for me arrises from not being
able to reproduce it and not having any more ideas as of what to test.

Please consider investigating the problem with the MSEC developers (although
if there was a general problem, other Mandrake users would have complained).

Consider checking that you have no RPM mismatches or otherwise corruption of
your system.

Thanks for your patience and understanding and help.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org