[Gustavo Pichorim Boiko <boiko@mandriva.com>] Fwd: Re: 2006Desktop - Second part

Gustavo Pichorim Boiko boiko at mandriva.com
Mon Jul 18 15:17:50 CEST 2005

Hi Michael

First thanks for your reply.

Em Seg 18 Jul 2005 05:33, Goffioul Michael escreveu:

> > friendly (it

> > correctly). You need to

> > applied filters

> > the properties.

> Double-clicking on the filter item is faster, it directly opens
> the filter dialog. But for the rest of the process, I don't know
> how you could save other steps.

I don't know either (yet). But I think it is a place that can be improved in
some way.

> > first apply the
> > big problem when
> > because it
> > pages in a sheet),
> > my printer can't
> > to File->Print
> > the user. The
> > print preview option
> > previewing the
>
> That's an application issue. You can't control an application from
> kdeprint and the print content is the responsability of the application
> only. From the kdeprint point of view, there's nothing else it could
> do.

I thought it was like that. But something like a standar action for that in
which applications generate the contents just like the print action, but
instead of being printed, they are shown in the screen (like the preview
button in the kprinter dialog).
I didn't say it was a kdeprint problem. I said it was an usabillity issue that
could be done in a better way.

> > when it was
>
> It has been actively developed during the first years. However, it's
> difficult to find someone to take my job as developers have usually
> no interest in printing stuff. Only users do, but they are not developers.
> I'm glad Cristian has volunteered to continue the work on kdeprint.

I know what you mean. I myself never got interested in that until I really
needed it (college papers). You have done a great job in kdeprint, printing
now is much easier than it was some time ago, but my feeling is that it can
be even better, and I'm happy kdeprint is not unmaintained anymore (I
volunteered myself to help if Cristian wants so).

Cheers

--
Gustavo Pichorim Boiko