pdfdistiller

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Jul 18 10:40:24 CEST 2005

CUPS looks for all backends by executing them (located in /usr/lib/cups/backend/) without
any argument. Then the backend should answer with a well formatted string. This process is
doen at CUPS startup (so you need to restart CUPS).

If you look at the script, you'll see that registering will be OK if the executable is correctly found
and has the exec bit set. Note also that the PDFBIN variable uses "which" to locate the executable,
but this is performed as a system user, where the PATH variable reduces to /usr/bin:/bin. So this
means that your new binary should be located in some standard place.

Michael.