Fwd: Re: 2006 Desktop - Second part

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Mon Jul 4 14:16:05 CEST 2005

Le vendredi 01 juillet 2005 à 18:55 +0200, Till Kamppeter a écrit :
> All your issues are concerning kprinter of KDE Print.
>
> For a Mandriva solution we would have to either fork kprinter and
> redesign a lot of it or we must use another printing GUI by default.
>
> Does GNOME have a better interface? Does it have a GUI frontend for
> pre-processing filters? AFAIR these features are not available in XPP or
> gtklp.

Not really..

GNOME printing system is still quite simple, but is now able to
interface with CUPS (and thanks to Till integration of dbus patches in
CUPS, we have notification of new printing process, allowing user to
cancel them easily).

You can have a look at Gnumeric printing interface which is the same as
almost all GNOME applications :

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/doc/chapter-printing.html

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>