kprinter doesn't work together with CUPS

Markus Kitzler kitzler at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 31 15:01:49 CET 2005

> Close kprinter, jobviewer and the print manager. Then re-name the
> files, or move them away:
>
>  * $KDEHOME/share/config/kprinterrc
>  * $KDEHOME/share/config/kdeprintrc
>
> and re-start kprinter. (The files will be re-created automatically,
> but with default settings. Previous setting will be lost until you
> restore the original files.).
>
> Does it work now?
>
> Plus, what's the content of these?
>
>  * $KDEDIR/share/config/kprinterrc
>  * $KDEDIR/share/config/kdeprintrc

If I do that I do not get a $KDEDIR/share/config/kprinterrc again (does this
mean that there are no errors?).
The  $KDEDIR/share/config/kdeprintrc file only contains the following:

[Jobs]
Size=550,250

> Where the SUSE-RPMs installed from an "official" SUSE source?

yes. Originally from an official SuSe 9.1 DVD. Now I use files from our
sysadmin's server (http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/)