kprinter doesn't work together with CUPS

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Jan 31 12:54:30 CET 2005

> I found out that there are about 420 files named c00* in the
> directory /var/spool/cups/ which is apparently my
> spool-directory. The oldest
> file is from 2004-11-17, which is about the date when my
> printer-problems
> started. The files are approx. 594 bytes big. Could it be
> that those files
> are somehow related to my problem?

There are 2 types of files in this directory. One type for the
job attributes (used for print history), and the other for the
actual print data. If your CUPS server is not configured to
keep print files, then files of the second type only exists
up to when the job has been processed, and deleted afterwards.
OTOH, files of the first type are always kept. I think that
the c00* files are attribute files, not data file (which are
d00* files IIRC). You should see a file of the second type
when you'll be able to start a print job in hold state
(scheduled to "Never").