kprinter doesn't work together with CUPS

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Jan 31 14:15:42 CET 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 12:19, Markus Kitzler wrote:

> > Well, if you are using the CUPS plugin and you selected a real CUPS
> > printer, then the tab "Advanced Options" should be enabled. This
> > tab is in the main print dialog, but you must expand it using the
> > bottom-left button. If the tab is not enabled, then there's already
> > a problem here...
>
> Well, then there is already a problem here I guess. I did send a screenshot
> (as wished by Kurt) with my last posting but it was bounced back (to big).
>
> Could it be that my printer is somehow malconfigured?

Close kprinter, jobviewer and the print manager. Then re-name the
files, or move them away:

 * $KDEHOME/share/config/kprinterrc
 * $KDEHOME/share/config/kdeprintrc

and re-start kprinter. (The files will be re-created automatically,
but with default settings. Previous setting will be lost until you
restore the original files.).

Does it work now?

Plus, what's the content of these?

 * $KDEDIR/share/config/kprinterrc
 * $KDEDIR/share/config/kdeprintrc

Where the SUSE-RPMs installed from an "official" SUSE source?

Cheers,
Kurt