setting an option for rlpr

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Wed Apr 13 18:32:24 CEST 2005

Hello,

I use KDEPrint on a Debian GNU/Linux system and want my print jobs to be sent
to an LPD print server on a Solaris machine.  Unfortunately my Linux user
name differs from the one I have on the Solaris machine and the LPD checks
whether the username provided to it is sensible.

I don't want to change my username on the Linux box and am not allowed to do
so on the Solaris box.  However, the problem can easily be solved by
providing the -U switch to rlpr like in

    rlpr -U <my-solaris-username> -H <host> -P <printer>.

The problem is that I haven't found any way to tell KDEPrint that it shall use
-U <my-solaris-username> on all calls to rlpr.  How do I achieve what I want?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang