Totally odd kde vs print problem

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Tue Jun 29 16:25:40 CEST 2004

> Ok, I am in /usr/src/konstruct/kde/kdelibs/work/kdelibs-3.2.3/kdecore,
> and a grep for debug outputs a huge amount of data, but I didn't note
> anyplace to actually turn the debugging on.  Controlling it does not
> appear to be a function of kdebug.h.  How is this done?

Go into kdelibs top directory, there you'll find the script
"configure". Use "./configure --help" to learn how to enable debug
info. Then "cd" in kdecore and "make clean && make && make install".
Normally, you don't need to restart X, just run any command from
a terminal, this should use the newly compiled kdecore library.

> And once its done I'd assume I should exit X, do a "make clean" in
> this dir, cd back up the tree to the top level kde dir and make, make
> install?  Or is there a better way?
>
> And if I rebuild cups, should I go get the latest?, I think mine is
> 1.1.20rc6 IIRC.  I'm not using foomatic.

Yes, it's best to grab the latest (stable) version.