Unable to get printer status (client-error-forbidden)

Gail LaForest anlace at whidbey.net
Wed Jun 16 18:57:49 CEST 2004

Greetings,

I resolved the issue that I was having with being unable to initialize the
Printing Manager, thank you for your help Kurt.

I found the networked printer on CUPS and all looks well until I go to print a
test page, then I get an error saying "Unable to get printer status
(client-error-forbidden)!"  In KDE Printing Manager everything looks fine
with no error messages but nothing prints.

I figure this is a matter of granting the computer the correct permissions but
without knowing exactly where and how to do that I hesitate to start
tinkering around because I don't want to break anything.  The user of this
computer is part of the lp and lpadmin groups.  I believe the problem might
be with the host though because root cannot print without getting the same
error message.

What do I change and where?

Thanks ahead of time for any help I can get.  I will take the time to do the
same where I can answer questions for others who are struggling with Linux
knots.

Gail