KPrint / KDE Print Manager Failing to Initialize

Matthias Posseldt matthi at gmx.li
Sun Jun 13 02:44:57 CEST 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 20:45, Gail wrote:
> I cannot get Kprint or the KDE Printing Manager to initialize.  A
> small window comes up that says "Initializing Manager" and it hangs
> there indefinitely.  I can see that CUPS is in the combo box for
> Print system currently used and under that Connected to
> localhost:631.
>
> I suspect that there is a configuration file someplace that is
> pointing in the wrong direction (the computer was printing on another
> networked computer that is no longer online).  I don't know where to
> look for this file if this is the case.

The wrong server is set in the Printing Manager. To configure the server
kprinter tries to connect to you have to open the Manager and then
click on "Print Manager" and "Configure Manager..."

In the part "CUPS server" you can set hostname and port of the CUPS
server you want to use.

Ciao,
Matthias

--
There is still the danger of EU software patents!

http://swpat.ffii.org/