KPrint / KDE Print Manager Failing to Initialize

Gail anlace at whidbey.net
Fri Jun 11 20:45:34 CEST 2004

Greetings,

The computer in question is running Debian Sarge (kernel 2.24. ) and KDE
3.2.2.

This computer had recent hardware changes.  The entire system was installed on
a clean HD and then the old /home directory copied over into the new one.

I cannot get Kprint or the KDE Printing Manager to initialize.  A small window
comes up that says "Initializing Manager" and it hangs there indefinitely.  I
can see that CUPS is in the combo box for Print system currently used and
under that Connected to localhost:631.

I suspect that there is a configuration file someplace that is pointing in the
wrong direction (the computer was printing on another networked computer that
is no longer online).  I don't know where to look for this file if this is
the case.

Any help would be much appreciated!  I need to get this box up and printing as
soon as I can.

Please cc anlace at whidbey.net in your reply, I did not subscribe to the list.

Thanks!
Gail