KDE-Print does not fax (hylafax)

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Apr 19 09:44:12 CEST 2004

> Hi all
> I think I need some hints.
>
> I am running Hylafax on Suse 9.0 / the latest KDE 3.2.1 by
> Suse. Now I
> am trying to use the dummy printer "send to fax" by
> integrating kdeprintfax.
>
> When I use kdeprintfax directly it works.  When I try to print a test
> page from KDE Printer manager I get a CUPS (!) error message
> (client-unknown-error). It seems to sent the page to cups instead of
> kdeprintfax.
>
> I there anybody who has this feature working? What am I doing wrong?

You are not supposed to send a test page to a special printer
like "Print To Fax" printer, there's probably a bug here. However,
you should be able to "send to fax" from any KDE app. This problem
should only affect sending a print test page (kdeprint doesn't
detect that it's a special printer, and simply sends the request
to CUPS that doesn't know anything about the "send to fax" printer).
Just try it from konqueror, for instance.