Wrong margins using Minolta Pagepro with multiple pages.

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Mon Sep 29 10:35:52 CEST 2003

I guess you're talking about printing mutliple pages on a
single physical sheet of paper? Anyway, margins affect how
the printed page is created by the KDE application: putting
several pages on a single sheet of paper is a post-processing
operation.

Michael.

> I've just discovered that when you print multiple pages and try to adjust the
> margins, these only affect the size of the logical pages, not the margins of
> the physical page coming out from the printer.
> It seems more natural to me that the margin settings corresponds to the
> physical page since a common use of them are to compensate for printers which
> can not print on the entire page. Is there something I have overlooked?
> Should I file a bug report?
> A suggestion would be to have two different settings. One for the physical
> page and one for the logical pages. Since the logical pages are scaled one
> might want to clarify if the logical page margins are scaled or not. Just a
> thought.
>  I'm using kde 3.1.4 and HP ljet4 driver. Sorry if this issue have already
> been discussed earlier.
>
> --- Mikael R

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM