kprinter hangs

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Tue Sep 23 14:00:57 CEST 2003

Daniel Soper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm fairly new to linux and have just installed a new HP PSC 1205 with CUPS.
> It took a bit of time to get it working, but I can now print a test page
> through CUPS.  However, when i go to Print from any KDE application
> (therefore launching kprinter?) it hangs.  The dialog box opens, but stops
> there while trying to find out the status of the printer.  I would love to
> know how to stop this from happening!
>
> For info, im using KDE 3.1 with mandrake 9.1.  I installed the hpoj from CVS
> in order to get the printer working correctly.

If your printer is installed locally, cam you try to edit
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf and set "ServerName" to "localhost".
Then restart the CUPS server (su -c "service cups restart")
and try again.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM