kprinter hangs

Daniel Soper ds347 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 11:57:12 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm fairly new to linux and have just installed a new HP PSC 1205 with CUPS.
It took a bit of time to get it working, but I can now print a test page
through CUPS.  However, when i go to Print from any KDE application
(therefore launching kprinter?) it hangs.  The dialog box opens, but stops
there while trying to find out the status of the printer.  I would love to
know how to stop this from happening!

For info, im using KDE 3.1 with mandrake 9.1.  I installed the hpoj from CVS
in order to get the printer working correctly.

Thanks,

Dan Soper