kde 3.1.x margins error

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Tue Oct 21 10:39:13 CEST 2003

>>Did you try to adjust margin values in the printer properties
>>dialog?
>

> I've tried this;
>

>>Or directly in the PPD file?
>

> I haven't touched PPD files, but I wonder how this can make a difference: ppd
> aren't used by CUPS? Given this,  if problems are located in ppd files I
> should see wrong margins even in files printed by mozilla as well...
> Anyway, I'll try also to modify ppd files.

The PPD files is used by CUPS, and by KDEPrint to extract the
default print margins to give to the application when generating
PS data. CUPS only uses PPD-defined margins when being given a
text file, it doesn't use then with a PS file.

In the printer properties dialog, do you see the "Driver Settings"
tab?

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM