kde 3.1.x margins error

Fabio Coatti cova at ferrara.linux.it
Sun Oct 26 17:14:13 CET 2003

Alle 09:39, martedì 21 ottobre 2003, Michael Goffioul ha scritto:

> The PPD files is used by CUPS, and by KDEPrint to extract the
> default print margins to give to the application when generating
> PS data. CUPS only uses PPD-defined margins when being given a
> text file, it doesn't use then with a PS file.

Oh, fine. I've tweaked with printer properties dialogs of kprinter, and I've
been able to set up margins for kmail (I've had to set the page 0.5 cm
narrower on both vertical sides..)

> In the printer properties dialog, do you see the "Driver Settings"
> tab?

Yes, sure; At htis moment I'm using HP LaserJet 1200 Foomatic/pxlmono driver,
and I've access to all configuration options for my printer.

Thanks for your help.

--
Fabio Coatti       http://www.ferrara.linux.it/members/cova
Ferrara Linux Users Group           http://ferrara.linux.it