Help needed with Panasonic DP-1810F multifunction printer/copier/fax

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Oct 20 16:59:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

for information about printer support under Linux, please
have a look at http://www.linuxprinting.org
As your printer has PCL emulation (looking at printer data
sheet, it looks like PCL6 emulation), you should be able
to use any PCL driver. PCL6 drivers are pxlmono and pxlcolor
(these are drivers for ghostscript).
So under Mandrake, try to install your printer, and when
asked for a printer model, use a printer that uses PCL6
driver, for example HP LaserJet 4050.
You can also try other PCL driver like lj5gray (PCL5) or
pcl3 (PCL3), if PCL6 doesn't work.

Michael.