Printing options

Paul A. annataka at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:03:15 CEST 2003

>From: "Goffioul Michael" <goffioul at imec.be>
>
>But for you, you have the additional problem that your printer
>seems pretty slow at processing PS data (I'm using PS printers
>at work, and don't have that problem).

Don't think my printers are slow to process ALL PS data since
if I do a ps2ps, it works.

I also tried foomatic, it works fast but I had poor quality results.
But I didn't search why though, because I read everywhere
it was recommanded to use the PPD file than a foomatic
driver.
By the way, my printers are all recent Hewlett-Packard (I tried
on 2200dn and 8000n but I also have 2100 & 4050). Does
HP is not recommanded ???

I thought most of printers were HP, that's why I thought
there was no problem with them...

Paul