Printing options

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Oct 20 15:46:33 CEST 2003

> So, what can I do ?
> Since I'm not a developper, I have nothing to do but waiting ?
> And even if K Apps use this feature, perhaps my prints
> won't be faster because of my PPD ?

Yes, it would depend on the PPD file you're using. The problem
is to know the actual printer resolution from the PPD file,
which is not an easy task.
But for you, you have the additional problem that your printer
seems pretty slow at processing PS data (I'm using PS printers
at work, and don't have that problem).

You could also have a look at other drivers, using Foomatic:
- Postscript driver: this could allow you pre-process the PS
  data before sending them to the printer (and for example
  change the resolution)
- other driver: many PS printers also support other print
  language like PCL

Have a look at Foomatic driver system: http://www.linuxprinting.org