KDE apps crash accessing network printer

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:54:30 +0100

> Details:  I installed the above network printer using SuSE's Yast.  A test
> page printed fine.
> However, when I tried to print from Kmail, Kmail crashed.   Attempts to print
> from Konqueror or Kate have the same result, even after changing drivers and
> restarting KDE several times.
> I opened the control panel and tried to configure the HP CUPS printer in KDE.
> Attempts to access the printer profile cause kcontrol to crash.   For that
> matter, if the network printer is installed, kjobviewer will not launch, even
> for other printers.
>
> I tried reverting to the versions of the KDE-print and CUPS drivers on the
> SuSE disks (3.0.3, I think), without improvement.

Does other KDE apps print fine? Could you provide any backtrace?

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.