Print protocol dies unexpectedly

Alessio Medici amedici at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Wed Jun 4 14:01:54 CEST 2003

Hi all.
=09I am building a Linux from scratch system based on glibc 2.3.2 and gcc
3.2.2, with devfs. I have installed cups 1.18 and (up to now) kdelibs and
kdebase 3.1.2. From KDE I can manage CUPS (adding and removing printers,
setting up the server...), but I have got a problem browsing the printer
system. when I click on the printer icon (hp930c) in the Printers folder =
I got
the following message:

An error occured while loading print:/printers/hp930c:
The process for the print protocol died unexpectedly.

In the .xsession-errors I got:

kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### pid =3D 455 signal =3D 11
kdeinit: PID 455 terminated.

No problems when I click on the icons in the Specials folder.

I have the same cupsd.conf file in the "old" Slackware 8.1 system with KD=
3.0.1 and there everything works.

I googled the internet but I have found nothing.

Have you got any hint?

Thank you very much

Alessio Medici