Howto remove a printer in the printing manager?

Outis houtis at gmx.net
Tue Jul 22 13:34:52 CEST 2003

> Normally, you should be able to delete a printer from the KDE
> printing manager. Right-click on the printer item, and select
> "Remove".
Right-click gives me the following options:
	Disable Job Spooling
	Set as User Default
	Configure...
	Test Printer...
	Export Driver... (greyed out)
	Printer IPP Report...
	Show/Hide Printer Details
	View
	Orientation
	View Toolbar
	View Menu Toolbar
	Toggle Printer Filtering

but unfortunately no Remove :(

If you're on a LAN, note that those "magically appeared"
> printers might be remote printers (print queue on another
> computer).
I have already turned ImplicitClasses off in cupsd.conf but this is not much
help.

In the printers.conf file there is only one printer listed, which I want to
use and have done so in the last few months.
Upon restarting cupsd, http://localhost:631/printers lists this printer.

Running the KDE printing manager once, which lists two unwanted printers,
makes cupsd to add two printers (output from http://localhost:631/printers):

lp0
HP LaserJet 6L, Foomatic + ljet4 on server2.domain

 Location: Location Unknown
 Printer State: idle, accepting jobs.
Device URI: smb://domain/server1/HPLJ 5P

wieselburger
Remote Printer on server2.domain

 Location: Location Unknown
 Printer State: idle, accepting jobs.
Device URI: smb://domain/server1/HPLJ 5P

Note the Device URI is the same for all three printers, however the
description of the two unwanted printers says they are attached to some other
computer.

BTW: The only printer with a right-click menu option "Remove" in the KDE
printing manager is the printer configured with cups.

It is possible to remove those unwanted printers (lp0 and wieselburger) with
http://localhost:631/admin but trying to configure them, gives the error
message: server-error-service-unavailable

Ideas welcome,
outis