Howto remove a printer in the printing manager?

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Tue Jul 22 10:48:12 CEST 2003

Hermann Outis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using cups 1.1.19 with the KDE printing manager.
>
> By some strange magic two printers got added in the KDE printing manager.
> Their description reads: "Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x". These
> printers were also installed in cups where I successfully got rid of them via
> the web interface.
>
> How do I get rid of them in the KDE printing manager? There is only a "disable
> spooling" option but no "good riddance" option. Where are the config files
> for the printing manager where this information is stored?

Normally, you should be able to delete a printer from the KDE
printing manager. Right-click on the printer item, and select
"Remove". If you're on a LAN, note that those "magically appeared"
printers might be remote printers (print queue on another
computer).

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.