Howto remove a printer in the printing manager?

Hermann Outis houtis at gmx.net
Mon Jul 21 15:14:48 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I am using cups 1.1.19 with the KDE printing manager.

By some strange magic two printers got added in the KDE printing manager.
Their description reads: "Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x". These
printers were also installed in cups where I successfully got rid of them via
the web interface.

How do I get rid of them in the KDE printing manager? There is only a "disable
spooling" option but no "good riddance" option. Where are the config files
for the printing manager where this information is stored?

thanx,
outis