kmail uses letter for a print on a4

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Thu Jul 10 18:31:40 CEST 2003

> I click on Systemoptionen (system options?) and then on cups-server,
> then I can change from localhost to the remote server and vice versa.

Right.

> I see the Driver-tab on the remote server, but not at localhost.

That's not normal, you should see a driver tab if you have a PPD
file installed for that printer. Maybe it's due to default access
restriction in CUPS. Edit the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file and
1) set "ServerName" to "localhost"
or
2) in the root resource definition (which starts with
   "<Location />"), add a line like

Allow From @LOCAL

or

Allow From 134.78.98.* (use your actual subnet)

Then restart the CUPS server.

> The margins are not the same. Do you suggest I change them? Can I
> change them globally?

Try first to get a "Driver" tab locally first, otherwise it's
normal that margins are not the same.