KDE Print font size problem

Jan Elders jrme at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 14 23:19:13 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 02:01, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Jan Elders wrote:
> > Eh, how and where should I be able to do that ?
>
> 	http://bugs.kde.org/

OK, I filed it as bug report #62573.
I'm just wondering what will happen next.
Hopefully it doesn't just disappear in a black hole, though I'm a bit worried
whether it will be addressed by KDE at all. (I have seen various similar font
problems being reported, but no follow-up on any of them)

> > I have only found some brief mentioning of KHTML
>
> KHTML is the program that actually does the HTML pages, Konqueror is just
> the container -- when you are using Konqueror as 'web browser' you are
> using KHTML.
//snip
> This isn't a 'kde-print' issue.  Ask for help on: 'kde' or 'kde-linux'.
> KDE-Print is just the print driver.  What is printed is a different issue.
All right, I followed this suggestion and asked on 'kde'
I got just one reply : "Perhaps you need a CSS."
No idea what that means !

> Even though KMail is a separate program, it is tied to the browser just as
> if it were all one package like Mozilla.  The printing of mail should use
> the same font settings as the browser.  The: "Medium font size" that you
> set for KHTML in Konqueror should be the font size used for printing mail.
> Try setting that and see if it works.
I tried and alas, nothing changes at all.

Getting pretty frustrated by now.
Put my hopes on the bug report, but again, I'm worried about the follow-up.

Greetings,
--
Jan Elders
Nuenen