Restricted kprinter view

Dave Shield D.T.Shield at csc.liv.ac.uk
Mon Aug 11 17:42:55 CEST 2003

A quick question about 'kprinter'

Is there any way to configure it (at the system level) to only
display a subset of the available printers for selected users?
I.e. a global (fixed) "filter", or something similar?

We're looking at configuring the environment we provide for
our students, and would rather that they weren't shown
"staff-only" printers.   (The printing system will throw
such requests out at a later stage, but it seems preferable
if the students didn't see these printers in the first place)

Failing that (or ideally as well), is there any way of
controlling which printer is selected by default?
It seems to tend to be the first (alphabetically).
It would be more helpful for us if this was the system
default printer, or else could be set somewhere.
   Is this possible - if so how?

This is with KDE 3.1 as shipped with RedHat 9:
	Qt: 3.1.1
	KDE: 3.1-11 Red Hat
	kprinter: 0.0.1

Thanks