KDE3 + CUPS, lack of drivers.

Helge Øyvind Hoel kde-print@mail.kde.org
06 Apr 2002 05:47:32 +0200

Using slackware-8.0, I've compiled and installed KDE-3.0 + CUPS. I went
to the printing-manager to install my printer.

Clicking the install printer/class icon launched a very nice wizard for
configuring my printer.. Nice work! I select local printer, since I'm
connecting using a parallel-cable. I then select lp0 as the port.. So
far so good. But in the next screen things get screwed up.. I get a list
of drivers, but the only manufacturer on the list is "ESP", and there's
some EPSON, HP, OKIDATA printers in the model list.. What about my Canon
BJC-4400? Is there drivers available for it? If so, how can I install
them, and make them appear in the list? Or is it any other way to
configure it? Any help is appreciated. Sorry for my bad english, and
sorry for posting a lame question if this is answered in a FAQ somewhre,
but I tried to find it, and couldn't :-/

--
Helge Øyvind Hoel
+4793484062