printing with multipass c20

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:50:13 +0200

Chris Howells wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 04 April 2002 9:57 am, KarlGwiasda@t-online.de wrote:
> > Is there a possibility to have the multipass c20 work with linux?
> > What is the echo to this question.
>
> I have no idea. I have  CCd your question to the kde-print mailing list, which
> is the correct place to ask technical questions.

Actually, I don't know neither as I never used it. From the linuxprinting site
(http://www.linuxprinting.org) it seems that several Multipass devices are
more or less supported, at least as a printer. My guesses are the following,
but you will probably have to try a little bit:
- use some bubble jet printer driver from Canon: don't know which one, but
  you can try several ones until you find one that works
- you probably can use the Multipass only as a printer under Linux, don't
  know about the fax device. Maybe it's possible, but it's again a matter
  of trying
- to make your Multipass working as a printer, it seems you need to perform
  a key combination (to actually put it in DOS printing emulation). This url
  http://www.canon.ch/fr/download/fax/MPC20/home.htm told me you have to type:
	. "function" key
	. "0" key
	. twice the "<" key
	. "start" key
	. select "ON" or "OFF" using the "<" key
	. "start" key to confirm

Till, any other comment?

Bye.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM