Icon Removal (was: Re: Icons in kdelib)

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Oct 6 12:27:08 CEST 2003

On Sunday 05 October 2003 13:33, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Sunday 05 October 2003 12:15, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > Icon removal should be considered equivalent to removing kdelibs methods
> > or classes: You can't do that in a stable series and if you do it for
> > KDE 4, you have to document how to do the porting.
>
> Yes, I agree here. Even though it's a bad idea to use kdelibs icons 'as is'
> inside apps (they might be redrawn and look entirely different, no longer
> serving the purpose for your app's action) it still happens all over the
> place and indeed the kdelibs icons should IMO be considered a crude form of
> 'public API'.

But there are tons of garbage in there that are bugs in the icons, which need to be
fixed. And it should be possible to fix these bugs in cleaning the mess up. Of course
it's not the goal to remove all icons that appear unused, but marking the important
icons is a first step.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.